FIDES 5 is an EN/LTF A glider designed to stay with you for many flying hours, all the way from the magic of your first hop and beyond. In fact, suitable and fun to fly for any pilot.
FIDES 5 is robust enough for intensive training use, whilst preserving the qualities of flight and handling that has become synonymous with Sky Paragliders.
The handling of FIDES 5 is well balanced. Feedback and sensitivity need to remain but in a tempered manner. The pilot still needs to feel the air and learn to interpret the reaction of the wing whilst learning the art of thermalling, yet in a controlled fashion.
FIDES 5’s pitch stability and high levels of passive safety ensure that the low airtime pilot has the most forgiving wing possible.
The FIDES 5 accomplishes this.
A new feature of FIDES 5 is the inclusion of Nylon rods which are incorporated into the 3D laser cut nose design to keep the leading edge vents open, even after many hours of intensive training use. The rods are fully replaceable and removable if required and, because of their unique design, do not pose any wear hazard to the glider fabric.
The main distinctive features are:
- High passive safety
- Very easy inflation and take off
- Hypalon & Nylon rod nose construction
- Riser anti crease launch assist
- Well balanced handling to allow pilots to master their flying skills
- Predictable and forgiving behavior with long brake range
- Constructed from high quality materials and cut with laser technology ensuring accurate and precise 3D shaping, durability and longevity
Each glider is delivered with:
- EYRIE bag
- T-shirt SKY TEAM
- Repair tape and multi tool
- SKY USB flash drive with manual
The goal was to produce a high stability glider with feeling which is easy to take off even for the unskilled pilot under training.
A glider that gives just the correct amount of feedback to remain informative yet stress free and one that will last the test of time and remain fresh for many seasons of intensive use.
|Layout surface (m2)
|Layout span (m)
|Layout aspect ratio
|Projected surface (m2)
|Projected span (m)
|Projected aspect ratio
|Number of cells
|Take-off weight (kg)
|Weight of the glider (kg)
|Min. speed (km/h)
|Trim speed (km/h)
|Max. speed (km/h)
|Min. sink rate (m/s)
Customise the colours of your SKY glider
To design your own glider, use the tool below. When you have decided on your own unique colour scheme, COPY the name of glider and colours picked, e.g. FIDES 5: orange / blue / bordo into your order. ANY colour combination is available.
Gliders with personalised colours are available only at extra cost. The delivery time depends on the load of the workshop and may vary depending.
Enjoy the look of your unique SKY glider!
- Upper gallery: EDELRID 7850–080 and 7850-100 (1 mm/1.2 mm Dyneema ® covered lines); EDELRID, Germany
- Lower lines: EDELRID 7850-160 and 7850-200 (1.5 mm/1.7 mm Dyneema ® covered lines); EDELRID, Germany
- Main brake lines: EDELRID 7850-200 (1.7 mm Dyneema ® covered lines); EDELRID, Germany
- Strap: 20 mm (polyester); Mouka Tišnov, Czech Republic
- Quick links: maillon 3,5 Delta; Peguet, France
You might also be interested in